Sunday, December 12, 2010

Funny experiences in Philippines

Hello my friends,

Pleases enjoy my funny experiences in Philippines when you are free. My English is not good.

I wish you Good Luck in everything!!

warmest regards,
Shwe Ei.



i. Funny mistake
It was happened in the University of Los Banos, which is far about 2 hours by Bus from Manila. While I was shopping, I wanted to go toilet. So I asked the security person “Where is the toilet”. She confirmed me “what?” I said again toilet. Ohh I see! Then she showed me a shop. Meanwhile, she explained the shopkeeper what I want by Philippines Language. I think, there is toilet inside the shop. When I entered the shop, the seller showed me the showcase of Wallets. I do want to laugh. But I didn’t. After at a glance, I said “Thank you, I want to see another shop”. Then I went out. The people in here used to tell “Rest-rooms “instead of Toilet.

ii. We are Myanmar
In Los Banos, I stay in the University Training Center where visitors can also stay. There are about 50 Korea students and 20 Bangladesh attending the training in different courses. I stay only one in my room. Internet is only useable around the Reception corner. So the corner is full of people at night. One day morning, four Korea students came around me while I was studying. They are practicing English speaking. One boy said “Sis, we have exam tomorrow. We are going to make Presentation. Please listen. We want to practice” I said “Ok, I can help you”. After that, they start presentation one by one. They are so brave and active even though speaking English is very difficult for them. Next day morning, this boy asked me “Where are you from” I answered that “I am from Myanmar”. He said “Myanmar? Myanmar people can speak English well?” I said “Yes…..We are Myanmar, We can speak”. At that time, he said “I am from Korea, poor in English” with angry and pity face”.


iii. Funny Kiss
After four-days stay in Los Banos, I move to Mania. I stay in the Department of Environment and Natural Resources “DENR Hostel”. Forest Management is one of the Management Burro of DENR. Hostel is allowed for DENR staff, his/her families and researcher. It is for all DENR staff in Philippines. So the visitors have to share the room in order to occupy the space. Six or 5 persons can stay in one room. Hostel is very cheap and safety. There is 24 hours security.
My first room-mate is Ms. Astra, Director of Environment Burro in Region 13 graduated with Chemical Engineering. She is 58 years old now. In Philippines, government staff can work until 65 years old if they want. She came DENR to sit exam for promotion. Despite her exam in the next day morning, she do everything; watching TV, talking with me about her career life with 3 children, eating and sleeping. She also shared me about the concept of “Senior Citizens” in Philippines.
One of her unique characters is that she loves the Beauty. She woke up around 5 am to make up her face. There is one mirror in our room and she brings it near her bed. She changed the shoe based on the color of her dress. I am sill in the bed. After a while, I wake up and start my physical exercise. Astar said Ohh Ei Ei Good Good.
Before she leave for her daughter home in Manila, she said “Ei Ei, give me your address in Myanmar. I will come your wedding if I can”. Then she came near me to hold my upper body with her arms and gave her face to kiss. My body is not harmony with her and I kiss only her neck. After me, she makes a kiss to new room-mate, project manager in NGOs. They are very flexible and relax. Project Manger also said “Mom, Be a safe and nice trip before they kiss”. Mom is used for respecting to the customer or listener. But I don’t like the culture of Kissing even it is the face.
However, another new room-mate, Ms. Latty, also a Director of Environment, she gave me a kiss (haehae) before she leave for Japan for conference. Ms. Latty said that she started her job from the lowest position.


*During my stay in DENR Hostel, I got many friends who make me not to feel homesick. So I deeply thank them. All are over 50 years old. Only project manager is 41. Overall, Filipinos are kind and they love me. And I learnt some meaning of Life from them*

2 comments:

အမုန္းမရွိတဲ့ကမာၻ said...

Shwe Ei,
we miss you so much.
Take care.. <3

Wasser said...

ဖိလစ္ပင္းက စားေကာင္းတဲ့ ဟင္းခ်က္နည္းေလးေတြ မွတ္လာျပီး တင္ေပးေနာ္။ ေရႊအိၾကီး။ -- မေမ့နဲ႕ဦး။